Wanted SL man found in county attorney’s office
An intoxicated man was located inside the Buena Vista County Attorney’s Office on Thursday morning at 11 a.m. at 606 Geneseo St.
Police identified the man as Agwa Oman, 37, of Storm Lake.
Oman was intoxicated and was wanted on an outstanding warrant from Buena Vista County charging him with failure to appear in court in reference to assault with intent to commit sexual assault, child endangerment and public intoxication.
Oman was arrested without incident and charged by the police department with public intoxication.
He was booked into BV County Jail on a $4,000 bond.
Multiple people face marijuana charges
As police searched for suspects in the stealing of an American flag on Friday morning at 2:10 a.m. in the 800 block of East Milwaukee Avenue, police smelled marijuana coming from a nearby residence.
Police were checking the area when they detected an odor of marijuana from 745 North Walnut Lane. As officers approached the residence, several people fled from the garage.
Police entered the residence and found several people; all were detained. According to police, there was alcohol, marijuana and drug paraphernalia throughout the residence. All of the occupants were taken into custody.
After a search warrant, police located two ounces of marijuana and assorted drug paraphernalia. Police charged the following:
• Emmerly Mai, 18, of Storm Lake, with possession of marijuana, gathering where controlled substances are used, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol. Mai was booked into the county jail on a $1,000 bond.
• Desmond Khounlo, 21, of Storm Lake, was charged with possession of marijuana, gathering where controlled substances are used and interference with official acts. Khounlo was booked on a $1,000 bond.
• Sara Hixon, 20, of Storm Lake, was charged with gathering where controlled substances are used, possession of drug paraphernalia and possession of alcohol. Hixon was booked on a $1,000 bond.
• Donald Halverson, 21, of Omaha, Erik Olson, 20, of Storm Lake and Kyle Reimers, 20, of Storm Lake, were all charged with gathering where controlled substances are used. All three were booked on a $1,000 bond.
• Joseph Patton, 20, of Storm Lake, was charged with possession of marijuana and gathering where controlled substances are used. He was booked on a $1,000 bond.
• Gregory Germann, 20, of Alta, was charged with gathering where controlled substances are used and possession of alcohol. Germann was booked on a $1,000 bond.
• Lillian Freking, 19, of Storm Lake, was charged with possession of alcohol. She was cited and released pending a court date.
Three teens charged with possession of alcohol
A routine traffic stop at the intersection of East Milwaukee Avenue and Erie Street led to three minors getting charged with possession of alcohol on Friday night at 6:56 p.m.
The occupants of the vehicle were identified as a 17-year-old male of Galva and two 17-year-old males of Schaller.
All three were charged with possession of alcohol. They were processed and released pending a court date with their parents.
The case has been forwarded to the Juvenile Court Authority.
Three men charged with public intoxication
Police were told on Friday night that several people were attempting to start a fight on Friday night at 10:38 p.m. in the area of East Fourth and Hudson Street.
Police located four men on foot near the intersection of East Fourth and Oneida Street.
Police arrested three of the four men: Eric Reyes, 21, of Storm Lake, Ismael Reyes-Medina, 20, of Storm Lake and Ivan Reyes, 26, of Storm Lake. All three were charged with public intoxication and were booked on a $300 bond.
A fourth man was questioned and released.
Duo arrested after alleged theft
Police were called to Walmart on Friday night at 10:30 p.m. after a report of two people attempting to remove merchandise from the store without paying for it.
Officers were provided with a suspect vehicle description that left the parking lot and an officer located that vehicle at the intersection of Lake Avenue and East 10th Street.
Police located and seized several items from the vehicle valued at over $650.
The four occupants in the vehicle were transported to the police station for questioning.
Following an investigation, police arrested Yosvany Rubio Solis, 43, and Nilan Gonzalez, 31, both of Denison. Both were charged with theft and booked on a $2,000 bond.
Police bust underage drinkers
Police were called to 205 West Sixth St. #5 on Saturday night at 11:02 p.m. because of loud music. Police located several minors in the apartment with possession of alcohol.
Daniel Romero, 20, of Storm Lake, was cited and released pending a court date.
Juan Humiar, 19, of Storm Lake, was cited and released pending a court date.
A 17-year-old male and female, both of Storm Lake, were cited and released pending a court date.
Sioux City man charged with public intoxication
A man was staggering in the road near the intersection of East Seventh Street and Lake Avenue on Sunday morning at 2:20 a.m.
Police identified the man as Christopher Libolt, 42, of Sioux City. Police learned that Libolt was wanted out of Dickinson County in reference to possession of marijuana, theft and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Storm Lake Police further charged Libolt with public intoxication.
Libolt was booked into the county jail on a $2,435 bond.
Teen cited after trying to bite, spit on police officer
Police were called to 1703 Violet Lane on Sunday morning at 6:07 a.m. when a 17-year-old female had come home and was intoxicated and violent.
Police made contact with the 17-year-old and say she was acting aggressively and after being arrested, she tried to bite an officer.
She was removed from the residence when she began screaming and being disruptive.
She was transported to Buena Vista Regional Medical Center for evaluation and upon arriving, refused instructions and resisted officers. Then she reportedly spit in the face of an officer.
Police charged the female with two counts of assault on a peace officer, disorderly conduct and interference with official acts.
She was processed and transported to the Youth Detention Facility in Cherokee, pending a court date.
The case has been forwarded to the Juvenile Court Authority.