Power pole catches fire

The Storm Lake Fire Department was called to 137 White Cap Road on Wednesday morning at 7:36 a.m. because of a power pole on fire.

Firefighters observed the top three feet of the pole had completely burned off. It was hanging by an overheard wire.

Firefighters secured the area until MidAmerican Power Company personnel arrived to extinguish the smoldering fire, and to ensure that no electrical hazard existed.

Full text available to subscribers only. If you are currently an online subscriber, you can login here. To subscribe, please follow this link.