Sx. Central aids family ravaged by house fire

Fund to help Samsons

A Peterson family’s home and belongings were ravaged by fire early Tuesday.

At 4:15 a.m. the Clay County Sheriff’s Office received a fire call at 329 Elm St. in Peterson.

The home belonged to Andy and Jennifer Samson.

The upstairs of the house was fully engulfed but all of the five children in the home were evacuated and okay.

The children are enrolled in the Sioux Central School District.

The Red Cross was contacted and the Sioux Central School District is taking donations from the public.

Donations can be brought to the high school office or the Co-op Elevator in Peterson.